Last year we published the top 9 Lightspeed eCom apps that we recommended for all merchants. Since that time, more power has been added to the app marketplace, and we wanted to make sure some of our top recommendations were given the spotlight as well.
Here is our list of the top 9 apps that every retailer should be considering for their Lightspeed eCom store in 2020.
In eCommerce, search is a top 5 conversion factor. When we audit the design for an online store, search is one of the first things we look at to make sure it is providing optimized results to customers.
This app gives you more control over your search design and search logic for your store. Want to prioritize more important products in the search results? This app will let you do that.
It doesn’t really matter what you sell, optimizing the search engine on your site is a top priority and this app gives you an extra measure of power when doing that.
Kangaroo Rewards is a powerful loyalty program engine that helps you run creative campaigns or grant unique exclusive offers to your online shoppers. It includes features such as social media sharing incentives, as well as a robust reporting dashboard.
Kangaroo has been a reliable solution for Lightspeed merchants for years. They are one of the few solutions that run rewards programs for both Lightspeed Retail and Lightspeed eCom, which is a nice bonus for omnichannel retailers.
Loyalty programs can be a really great strategy for both acquiring new customers and incentivizing existing customers. Kangaroo really does it well.
The unknown of how it will fit.
Size guides have long been an eCommerce staple for fashion/apparel retailers to remove some of that friction for their customers, and the MySizeID app helps merchants unlock the full potential of that feature.
- The Lightspeed eCom app runs off of their main iOS and Android apps, which allow merchants to upload exact sizing of their products to their store and allows customers to calculate their personal measurements all from a phone. This is next level when it comes to size guides as it practically serves as a tailor – doing the thinking for them and softening the frustration of not being able to try it on in person.
- As long as you have MySizeID installed on all your product pages, customers using the app will see their suggested size wherever they browse in your store.
The app allows you to upload an image, or select a color, for each product’s variants’ options, which is often not possible through themes without customization or taxing data entry.
It’s a simple app for a simple feature, but it fills a big need for online retailers to be able to provide that extra level of convenience without paying the price for custom development.
Adding your Instagram feed to your website is a great way to add to the social experience. It showcases the great content you’re putting out and makes it easier for customers to connect with you through Instagram.
InstaShow is a very user friendly, customizable way to share any photo from your public Instagram account or by any hashtag on your Lightspeed eCommerce website.
Key features of the app:
- Unlimited combinations of Instagram sources
- Source filters for post-moderation
- Responsive design
- Full control of sizes
- Flexible UI Customization
- Code Generator for Quick Installation
- Responsive Breakpoints
- Retina ready
MyStockNotifier notifies customers when an item is back in stock. When they view a product that is out of stock, a visitor will be prompted to leave their email address so that they can receive an automatic email notification when inventory is added.
Some key features include:
- Unlimited amount of emails
- Fully customizable notifications and texts
- Automatically connects to MyAbandonedCart (another top app on our list)
- Easy to install
- Newsletter subscription (optional)
- Export options
MyStockNotifier is a must-have automation tool to build customer loyalty and increase conversions for your store.
Lightspeed Order Alert is an app that compiles a real-time stream of your daily orders, giving you an easy way to monitor everything that is happening in your store.
It syncs with their iOS and Android apps to provide updates even when you’re on the go.
No more manual check ins to make sure you didn’t miss an order or refund!
Here are the key features of the app:
- Stream of your daily orders to give you a clear overview
- Order details: number, status, channel, grand total
- Customer details: new / returning, name, country, phone number, email address
- Payment and shipping method
- Billing and shipping address
This app is also key for handling refunds, as it notifies you of any returned orders, so that you can quickly address them, improving the customer experience.
An abandoned cart sequence is one of the first things we look for when working to improve conversions for one of our partner merchants. It is an essential tool for every single merchant, because online shoppers abandon carts anywhere from 60-80% of the time.
Maybe they don’t have their credit card in front of them or they want to make a decision at a later time.
Whatever the reason, you must have a way to follow up with those customers.
MyAbandonedCart makes it easy to create a sequence of follow-up emails that will bring some of those customers back to checkout.
It provides a simple framework for creating pop up promotions to drive email signups, social growth, and sales! Offer discounts, free shipping, and messaging that will drive your visitors to join your list or complete their purchase.
- Drag and drop designer
- Pre-built pop ups and promotions for quick implementation
- 100% Mobile Friendly
- No coding or development skills needed
- Cart Abandonment Recovery
- Exit intent offers
This app is heavily conversion focused and should be a tool that any Lightspeed eCom merchant is using.
Whether you are just launching your Lightspeed eCom store or have been grinding away for a while, these apps are guaranteed to help take your marketing and customer experience to the next level.